Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yummy Recipe of the Week

Want a yummy treat, with only a little bit of sugar? Here is a great recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Bread from MoneySavingMom.com. It's incredibly easy to make (even working with the yeast), and tastes incredible.

Here are a few tweaks I make to her recipe:

-I just use my KitchenAid mixer to mix up the dough - I don't use a bread machine.
-I add a bit of cinnamon to the dough while it's mixing.
-I add a smidgen (i.e. about 1/4 tsp) of unsweetened cocoa powder to the dough.
-I read this tip in the comments - after rolling out the dough, before you add cinnamon and drizzle honey, beat an egg and spread it over the dough. Then go ahead and add your filling. This is supposed to help the bread not fall apart as easily when it bakes. It's worked for me!
-If I don't have whole wheat flour, I just use all regular flour.

Bake, spread with butter if you'd like, and enjoy!